Time to escape the beaten path and experience a true mountain adventure. This is the trek to Machu Picchu you’ve been longing for.
An alternative to the crowded Inca Trail, the Choquecancha Trek is far from expected, ordinary, or overdone.
Our 4-day, 3-night Choquecancha Trek traverses lagoons, mountains, and archaeological sites, visiting the Andean community of Choquecancha and the Lares hot springs before making our way to Machu Pichu. Two nights in a tent is your chance to connect with Peru’s enchanting Highlands and disconnect from everything else.
One of the highlights of this memorable trek is that you’ll get to immerse yourself in the beautiful culture of a true Andean village.
Get up close and personal with Andean farmers as you learn ancient Incan farming techniques. Learn and participate in traditional music and dance. Try on stunning garments woven by the local women. As we teach you our community’s history and feed you the delicious local fare, you’ll begin to imagine what ancient Incan life was like.
Because of our relationship with Choquecancha village, True Mountain Traveler is the only tour operator who can give our travelers this interactive experience. The best physical journeys are also journeys of mind and soul, and we’re proud to to share our home with you in this special way.
Choquecancha Trek to Machu Picchu 4D/3N – Overview:
- Visit lagoons, mountains, archaeological sites, the Andean village of Choquecancha, the Lares Hot Springs, and Machu Picchu.
- Interactive traditional Incan culture experience with farming, dancing, and more.
- Scenic alternative to the crowded Inca trail.
- History, culture, and a challenging adventure all in one.
- Trip length – 4 days, 3 nights. Includes 2 nights camping and 1 night hotel.
- Guided hiking from campsite to campsite.