Notification of cancellation must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org If you wish to cancel within eight weeks of your tour start date, further payment is needed as follows:
If you cancel eight weeks or more days before departure: Cancellation fees equal the amount of your deposit.
Eight to four weeks before departure: 60 percent of the total tour price is due.
Four weeks to five days before departure: 80 percent of the total tour price is due.
Five days to 36 hours: 90 percent of the total tour price is due.
36 hours or less before departure: 100 percent of the total price is due.
We charge these fees because there are a great deal of expenses that True Mountain Traveler pays to set up these tours. Unfortunately, there are no exceptions. We would be happy to supply a letter for your insurance company to help recover some of the cost.
TERM & CONDITIONS
FOR ADVENTUROUS TREKS TO MACHU PICCHU
- You must advise TrueMountainTourist of any medical problems or allergies you may have. You need to be in good physical health, and if your health is questionable, then you should consult a doctor.
- You must advise your guide if you wish to leave the group or the camping area for independent walks or sightseeing. If you are experiencing any problems with the services of the guide or tour, please advise the guide in that moment, so that he can resolve any problems.
- All balances need to be paid in either cash (no torn bills) or PayPal (in full) prior to the briefing which will be held the night before your tour. it can be done through PayPal with a 5.5% service fee and must be done before your tour.
- In order to receive a student discount, you must tell TrueMountainTourist at time of booking. You will then be required to bring your Green ISIC card with you on the trek – they will not allow you to pass through the checkpoint without this original card. No university cards will be accepted, it must be the Green ISIC card.
- You will be required to show the original passport (not a copy) that you booked with, at the checkpoint to enter the Trail. If you originally booked with an old passport and then renewed your passport, you must also bring your expired passport along with your new, valid passport to permit entry or they will refuse your entrance to the trail.
- Change of dates is not possible once a permit has been purchased. Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable. The deposit will be forfeited. Please note that this is a regulation of the Peruvian government and not TrueMountainTourist (or any agency)
- All Adventurous Treks include transportation to Cusco. The return train route depends on train availability.
- If you become ill or injured on the trail and are unable to continue, a porter wil be provided to accompany you back to an area with emergency assistance capabilities. Helicopter air lifts and medical assistance are at the expense of the trekker. If you are unable to complete the tour due to illness, we will assist you in meeting your group at Machu Picchu to recommence your tour at that point. There will be no refund of the original payment. However, we will prepare a document to certify illness which can be presented for your travel insurance.
- TrueMountainTourist will take all reasonable care in providing to our clients avoidance of accident, illness, and loss of personal property, and will only employ suitably qualified staff. We accept responsibility for the actions of our own employees. TrueMountainTourist cannot, however, be responsible for any action of third parties. You are totally responsible for your own personal property and rented equipment.
- TrueMountainTourist does not take responsibility for unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophe, strikes, accidents, illness, injury, loss of personal items, etc. It is the client’s responsibility to carry insurance to cover these types of events. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions listed above.
In extreme cases when the “any trek to Machu Picchu” is declared closed for safety reasons, TrueMountainTourist will replace your trek with an alternative trek.