Day 1: Tour of Cusco, The Capital of the Incas
- Hotel pickup at 1pm
- Walk to Cusco’s Plaza de Armas and visit the famous Cathedral of Santo Domingo
- Visit Q’oricancha, the Temple of the Sun
- Bus to Sacsayhuaman for a majestic Incan site with 200 ton stone walls that hold the strength to survive high magnitude earthquakes
- Q’enqo Incan altars
- Puca Pucara – a military fortress used to defend Cusco in the Incan Empire
- Tambomachay – water temple used by Incas for bathing
- Return to Cusco (main square walk – back to your hotel)
Day 2: Shopping and Learning in the Sacred Valley
- Early pick up at your hotel to begin our visit to the Sacred Valley
- Visit to Chinchero inca ruins and weaving center
- Learn the difference between llamas, alpacas, and vicuñas
- Appreciate the varieties of corn and potatoes that are unique to the Sacred Valley and an important part of the Andean diet
- A great opportunity to buy real alpaca clothing and gifts
- Moray Inca ruins, where the terraces were used to farm corn, potatoes, and quinoa
- Visit to Salineras(salt mine) where the salt was processed sice incas time
- salineras traditional market where you can purchase souvenirs and sample local food
- Pass through the towns of Orubamba, and Calca
Arrive at campsite in the Lares Hot Springs. Bring a bathing suit, as relaxation will be steps away from your tent!
Day 3: Andean People, Music, and Merriment
- After breakfast, we will visit a Choquecancha farm nearby
- The time here will be filled with fun as you:
- Learn about Andean agriculture
- See how music and dance are incorporated into the fabric of Andean farming culture
- Drink chicha, learn the importance of the sacred drink, and learn proper Andean drinking etiquette
- Try on clothing weaved by local Choquecancha women
Lunch featuring traditional Andean food
After lunch we take our private transport to Ollantaytambo from and we catch the train to Aguas Calientes.
- Extra time to wander Ollantaytambo village before dinner
Head to Aguas Calientes where we stay the night in a hotel
Day 4: Machu Picchu / Cusco
This is the day you’ve been waiting for. We wake up early to take a bus to the Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu, and if the weather allows, we will watch the sunrise for the most spectacular views.
You will have a 2 hour guided tour through these magical ruins. Afterwards, you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy Machu Picchu on your own and take pictures. You also have the option of taking the challenging hike up Huayna Picchu.
We depart Machu Picchu, stopping off at Aguas Calientes for lunch before heading back to Cusco by train and bus.